As most families will be aware, all children enrolled at our school our eligible to receive financial, needs-based supports from the NDIS. Of the course of the year, we have discovered that many families aren’t aware of the supports available or aren’t getting the right, or enough supports from their child’s NDIS package.
It is critical that children (and families) are receiving the very best supports available to further support their child’s development. The financial supports available from the NDIS can include:
- Allied Health Therapies (Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physio, Psychologist Counselling)
- Behaviour Support Therapies (we recommend checking in with your Behaviour - Support Practitioner to ensure that they are university trained and that their practices are evidence-based)
- Access to support workers to assist with community access visits
- Access to respite for families
- Specialised equipment or resources relevant to your child’s needs
- Other needs-based financial support
Our school staff are more than happy to assist with working in with your NDIS Plan Co-ordinator (for families already connected with the NDIS) or to assist with getting families connected with the NDIS who do not yet have a NDIS package. Please give the office a call and ask to speak with myself or Pauline Canfield, our Assistant Principal to begin the discussion with us in regard to how we can help you to maximise supports for your child outside of school.